MISSION SAN XAVIER DEL BAC was founded in 1692 by a Jesuit missionary, Father Eusebio Francisco Kino. It was then that he became the first non-Indian to visit the village of Wa:k, or “Bac,” as he wrote it.
Many people want to give something back. They recognize their good fortune and wish to help a worthy cause like the restoration of San Xavier. You may wish to pass the torch and communicate your values to future generations.
- Temporary Scaffolding Erected Under East Tower April 11, 2014
- Architect Site Visit 3.12.14 March 28, 2014
- Architect Site Visit 2.26.14 March 25, 2014
- March Docent Schedule February 26, 2014
- Architect Site Visit 2.6.2014 February 26, 2014
- Architect Site Visit 1.29.14 February 18, 2014
- Christmas concert “Behind the Scenes” January 19, 2014
1950 W San Xavier Rd
Tucson, AZ 85746
The Mission is 9 miles south of downtown Tucson just off of Interstate 19. Take exit 92 and follow the signs to the church.
Contact Patronato San Xavier