MISSION SAN XAVIER DEL BAC was founded in 1692 by a Jesuit missionary, Father Eusebio Francisco Kino. It was then that he became the first non-Indian to visit the village of Wa:k, or “Bac,” as he wrote it.
Many people want to give something back. They recognize their good fortune and wish to help a worthy cause like the restoration of San Xavier. You may wish to pass the torch and communicate your values to future generations.
- Emergency Repairs Continue on San Xavier East Tower June 23, 2014
- Architect Site Report 6.5.14 June 6, 2014
- Architect Site Report 4.22.14 May 9, 2014
- Architect Site Report 4.09.14 May 9, 2014
- Conservation of West Wall Sanctuary Murals May 8, 2014
- Architect Site Visit 3.26.14 May 8, 2014
- Temporary Scaffolding Erected Under East Tower April 11, 2014
1950 W San Xavier Rd
Tucson, AZ 85746
The Mission is 9 miles south of downtown Tucson just off of Interstate 19. Take exit 92 and follow the signs to the church.
Contact Patronato San Xavier